Perhaps time for a New kind of Ride?

General talk about Dorney Park and Wildwater Kingdom including the latest news and rumors.

Moderator: dptalon135

Perhaps time for a New kind of Ride?

Postby dorneydude » Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:12 am

perhaps dark rides like the Toy Story / Buz Light year and now Reeses Cup Fusion cost less than coaster? I would not mind seeing one of these...quite entertaining....
---the ORIGINAL DorneyDude
dorneydude

Re: Perhaps time for a New kind of Ride?

Postby Yoshi » Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:32 pm

I would like to see a dark ride added almost as much as a new coaster. It would be good for when you are at the park and it is raining and would give the park an indoor ride if they ever add Winterfest.

Years ago, there was talk that Cedar Fair wanted to add dark rides to more of their parks but it never happened.
Yoshi

Postby jscll » Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:50 pm

The ideal place to build one would be to put it where Carousel Grove is now. A big box would be okay there because all the sight-lines are designed to keep you looking in the other direction. Built correctly it could blend in nicely with the theater. Who wants to eat at Carousel Grove after seeing the new catering area anyway?
jscll

Postby Dorneyman27 » Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:47 am

There are so many spots for new rides that are currently wasted space. I don't know what they are doing with the park, but it looks like another year of nothing. Stinger was removed this year and the dinosaurs will be gone too. There will soon be nothing to do over there.
Dorneyman27

Postby jscll » Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:06 pm

Dorney Park has started subtly started teasing us about 2019 in their latest youtube video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EuLzDw-NwJw

Items of note:
1. The satellite image of the lower section of the park.
2. The Folder on the desk that says "Confidential new for 2019"
3. The Binder behind Tana that says "{HII} #AMAZINGLOOKSLIKE 2019" (I cannot make out what the image in front of the binder and if it is relevant.)
4. A coaster simulator game with a wooden coaster on the main monitor.

The laptop was displaying American Coaster Enthusiasts logo. Dorney park will be co-hosting Coaster Con in 2020.

In case anyone was wondering the total track length of the coasters they rode is 5057.6 meters. They cheated and did not ride Woodstock's Express which would have given them a bonus 80 M.
jscll

Postby jscll » Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:08 pm

Dorney Park has started subtly started teasing us about 2019 in their latest youtube video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EuLzDw-NwJw

Items of note:
1. The satellite image of the lower section of the park.
2. The Folder on the desk that says "Confidential new for 2019"
3. The Binder behind Tana that says "{HII} #AMAZINGLOOKSLIKE 2019" (I cannot make out what the image in front of the binder and if it is relevant.)
4. A coaster simulator game with a wooden coaster on the main monitor.

The laptop was displaying American Coaster Enthusiasts logo. Dorney park will be co-hosting Coaster Con in 2020.

In case anyone was wondering the total track length of the coasters they rode is 5057.6 meters (16,593 feet). They cheated and did not ride Woodstock's Express which would have given them a bonus 80 M (262 ft).
jscll

Postby Dorneyman27 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 11:05 am

I don't believe it'd be possible to have a coaster in time for 2019, and it would have been announced yesterday. It could be a tease for 2020 which would be 12 years after getting Possessed relocated to Dorney Park. I'm not going to count the 5 years we had Stinger.

Now I do hope we get at least something next year. The waterpark is due for something new and the park can use another ride or 2.
Dorneyman27

Postby dorneydude » Fri Aug 17, 2018 12:33 pm

something along the lines of the interactive shoot targets things I mentioned would be great. That's got to cost less than a new coaster.

Then again, who knows..maybe there will be a new coaster...just hopes its not another used one...though I would not mind having he laser back...
dorneydude

Postby minuszero79 » Sat Aug 18, 2018 3:20 pm

I just want to point out on average it takes about 8 to 9 months to build a wood coaster so if they start in september it would be completed in May without any major setbacks. Steel coasters take a little less on average they take about 7 to 8 months......again this is barring any set backs but still plenty of time to construct one even if they started in September. Just food for thought!!!
minuszero79

Postby dorneydude » Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:30 am

looks like Hershey is getting ANOTHER coatser...in addition to their 2 newer dark rides. I think there is some sort of combo pass with Hershey and Dutch for those with little kids..I suspect DP is loosing pass holders to HP. Funny, the park has less today than when my kids had passes 6/7 years ago...but costs 40% more.
dorneydude

Return to General Discussion