Grand Carnivale

General talk about Dorney Park and Wildwater Kingdom including the latest news and rumors.

Moderator: dptalon135

Grand Carnivale

Postby jscll » Fri May 03, 2019 8:41 pm

Grand Carnivale, is this going to be an epic event? There park has installed electric outlets all along the main midway. It kinda seems like a lot of infrastructure improvements for a three week event. I also hope the new stage on the main midway is not done yet, it looks too makeshift for a event that does not start for quite a while yet.
On another note, we lost having a summer show in the theater this year, so the status of the theater goes from underutilized to special events only.
jscll

Re: Grand Carnivale

Postby jscll » Sun Jul 21, 2019 12:25 am

I got home from the first night of the Grand Carnivale and it seems to be a nice event. The variety and level of the various entertainment was impressive for a Cedar Fair park, and the crowd control around the parade route was well executed. (Unfortunately I can not say the same for the parking lot at the end of the day, they need to direct people to use the Lower exits at the end of busy days.)
Back on subject, if I may make three complaints about the event; first the music was way too quiet, and I am the type of person that always is asking other people to turn down there music. Second, midway sweeping standards are slipping. As the night went on this got better, but earlier on this was a bit lacking. (It took forty-five minutes from when I noticed a protein spill behind the CocaCola Refresh stand in the games area until it got cleaned up. Okay, maybe I should get a life rather than time how long it takes someone to clean up a mess.) The third item on my list is not so much a complaint as is more a want. I think a little stage pyro would add a lot at the end of the night. However the low end of the age demographic might not be so excited of such an addition.
jscll

Re: Grand Carnivale

Postby randydorney » Sun Jul 21, 2019 2:34 am

Grand Carnivale Full Parade Audio! Download/Listen now here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/3hgerkhlfnq4v ... o.mp3?dl=0 !
Play disney ride simulations online!! Be the operator of your favorite disney ride attractions!! You're in control!! Visit website: http://www.themagical.nl
Ride Ops Meteor: 02,03,09'
randydorney

Return to General Discussion