Could Dorney Park open on July 4th?

General talk about Dorney Park and Wildwater Kingdom including the latest news and rumors.

Moderator: dptalon135

Could Dorney Park open on July 4th?

Postby randydorney » Tue Jun 16, 2020 7:36 pm

I got an insider tip from a current employee who claims to be anonymous is are saying that “Dorney Park is in the process of opening for July 4 weekend.” Not sure if Wildwater Kingdom will be opening this season from what I’ve was told. This could change from this posting.

Expected slower wait times on rides due to social distancing and cleaning in between ride cycles. Not sure if the advanced reservation will be in effect since several parks within the Cedar Fair chain are testing out this system feature.

Thoughts?
Play disney ride simulations online!! Be the operator of your favorite disney ride attractions!! You're in control!! Visit website: http://www.themagical.nl
Ride Ops Meteor: 02,03,09'
randydorney

Re: Could Dorney Park open on July 4th?

Postby Yoshi » Sat Jun 20, 2020 11:12 pm

That would be good to see the park open by July 4th. With the county going green next Friday, it doesn't give them a lot of time to train the employees and get the rides ready (unless they have already been training employees in anticipation of opening?).

Depending on when they do open, if it's much past mid July I could see why they wouldn't want to bother having WWK open for barely a month and a half.
Yoshi

Postby randydorney » Fri Jun 26, 2020 7:16 am

Breaking News: Dorney Park will be opening on July 8 , 2020! Wildwater Kingdom opening date has yet to be determined.

The new protocols to ensure a safe and clean environment will include:

- A new online reservation system; each guest is required to have a reservation prior to their visit to enable capacity management;
- A requirement to complete a pre-visit health screening declaration 24 hours prior to admission;
- A touchless temperature screening prior to entering the facility for vendors, guests, and park associates;

You can read more at the link below:

https://www.dorneypark.com/park-update
Play disney ride simulations online!! Be the operator of your favorite disney ride attractions!! You're in control!! Visit website: http://www.themagical.nl
Ride Ops Meteor: 02,03,09'
randydorney

Postby Hooky965 » Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:34 am

It appears that the reservation system will be based on passholders first. Unless I'm missing something, It's a little unclear in the release whether the reservation system will be exclusively for passholders in the early phase, or if the general public will be allowed to fill in any of the reservation slots after the passholders were given the chance. I would anticipate further announcements to be made about this in the near future. It's new ground for an amusement park to tackle.

Furthermore, worth noting on the bottom of that PR is that they are actively seeking job applicants. That's another situation worth paying attention to....it's not hard to imagine that seasonal employees have either written the park off and found something else, or are concerned about working in a place where they will be exposed to the general public.
Hooky965

Return to General Discussion