2020 Operating Calendar

General talk about Dorney Park and Wildwater Kingdom including the latest news and rumors.

Moderator: dptalon135

2020 Operating Calendar

Postby Yoshi » Tue Dec 17, 2019 6:20 pm

https://www.dorneypark.com/explore/calendar-and-hours

There are no more 8:00 WWK closings in July or August. Every year I hope they consider keeping WWK open a weekend of two after Labor Day but it looks like Labor Day is the last day of the WWK season.

They are open on Columbus Day again which I am a little surprised about since the park was empty (even for Dorney standards) on Columbus Day this year.
Yoshi

Re: 2020 Operating Calendar

Postby dorneydude » Fri Jan 24, 2020 5:52 pm

I just don't get that. Working folks who get out at 5pm might be able to run home, change, run over and get 90 minutes or so at WWK a few times a year. I used to do that with my kids. It was actually less crowded and enjoyable and by they time you left it was a little cooler and you could take them over to DP for a bit. 7pm? No way---not enough time. And don't tell me about weekends! So for us types the pass is really just for DP and seems overpriced. I do miss the ol'e days though...
---the ORIGINAL DorneyDude
dorneydude

Postby randydorney » Sat Mar 21, 2020 7:23 pm

Looks like opening day for May 1, 2020 has been postponed to mid-May according to the new web page link http://www.dorneypark.com/park-update . It web page will be updating every other day to best reflect of what's happening in our nation and globally.

This is in the response to the COVID-19 virus.
Play disney ride simulations online!! Be the operator of your favorite disney ride attractions!! You're in control!! Visit website: http://www.themagical.nl
Ride Ops Meteor: 02,03,09'
randydorney

Postby Yoshi » Fri Apr 17, 2020 6:36 pm

Now it looks like the earliest opening day will be is July 1st. That's the first day you are able to buy Fast Lane online for (it had been May 15th). That's the same day for every Cedar Fair park I checked.
Yoshi

Postby jscll » Fri Apr 17, 2020 10:51 pm

Cedar Fair has a business model of avoiding getting into situations where they have to give a refund. It seems they picked July as far enough ahead they will not need to worry about refunds for not being open yet. It is in the park's interest to open as soon as the Governor lifts the shutdown dictate. Even though they do not be as concerned about Season Pass holders, as they gave an extra year to us, they will be loosing a fortune in lost group sales.
jscll

Postby Dorneyman27 » Sat Apr 18, 2020 10:05 am

I didn't get a season pass in 2019 due to moving, but glad I held off on 2020. If they announce a date to reopen this year, I will certainly buy one if it still includes 2021.
Dorneyman27

Postby jscll » Fri Jul 10, 2020 12:02 pm

Reservations must be going slowly, as Dorney Park has just switched to a four day a week schedule, and will be closed Monday thru Wednesday. With the reservations and other requirements, I wonder if a lot of people find visiting a hassle. Especially with the park only being open for eight hours, and no waterpark, day tickets can not be an easy sell.
jscll

Postby Hooky965 » Thu Jul 30, 2020 1:19 pm

Yeah, 11-7 is the heat of the day. I have to imagine that the continuing reduced hours is the result of reduced demand and mitigating losses at the gate. Hershey also has the same hours, but it appears that many of their water attractions are open. They were also offering incentives (through today) of one free admission for every two tickets purchased, or a free day (later) for a single ticket purchased. We pretty much knew that this was going to hit the industry hard, but seeing things like this is giving an indication as to just how hard that hit is.

FWIW, I haven't seen anything on this at this juncture, but I can't imagine that Haunt is going to happen this year. I guess that's the story for another day, but August starts on Saturday, and that season is coming up quickly.
Hooky965

Postby Yoshi » Tue Aug 04, 2020 5:50 pm

You were right, no Haunt this year. The park is closing on Labor Day.

Dear Valued Passholder,

We have been thrilled to welcome guests back to the park this year. 2020 has truly been a unique season, and we thank our guests and associates for making Dorney Park a fun and safe place to visit.

We appreciate everyone’s support and cooperation with the park’s new health and safety measures --- we are getting through this together.

Because of the ongoing uncertainties surrounding COVID-19, we have had to make some difficult decisions regarding the remainder of 2020. Here are some updates we’d like to share:

Our last operating day of the 2020 season is expected to be Monday, September 7, 2020.
Our water park, Wildwater Kingdom, will remain closed through 2020.

Keep in mind that all 2020 Season Passes and add-on products have been extended through the 2021 season. There is still time to visit the park to get the most out of 2020. Check out the park calendar for our updated operating schedule to plan your next visit.

We thank you for your continued loyalty during this challenging time.
Yoshi

Return to General Discussion