Season pass Price LESS than last year?

General talk about Dorney Park and Wildwater Kingdom including the latest news and rumors.

Moderator: dptalon135

Season pass Price LESS than last year?

Postby dorneydude » Mon Sep 01, 2008 9:39 am

I saw a sign advertising the season pass for $85 thru Labor day. I just called and asked if that is the lowest price available to season pass holders who usually get a mailing requiring renewal before the season closes to get the best available price. The lady in admissions claims the $85 and the labor day deadline is for new pass holders only. She said renewals will be the same price ($85) thru November 1st. I asked what I paid last year in Oct because I thought it more than $85 and she said the price last year were $98. It seams the pass went down $15 in price for 2009...can anyone confirm this?

I wonder if it still includes everything form last year....parking in particular...I guess I should have asked! Anyone?
---the ORIGINAL DorneyDude
dorneydude

Re: Season pass Price LESS than last year?

Postby HangTime » Mon Sep 01, 2008 11:13 am

Just called...parking is still included in 2009
HangTime

Postby Yoshi » Mon Sep 01, 2008 11:35 am

I hope this is true, it seemed like season pass prices were starting to get more and more expensive, this year finally going over $100. I wonder if SP sales were down this year and that caused the lower prices?

$85 is a steal, even when I bought my Great Adventure pass for $59.99 last year, with tax and the processing fee (online) and parking for $45 it ended up being around $112, and that with the 1 day special, it would have been $132 if I didn't buy it that 1 day online when SP's were 25% off.
Yoshi

Postby phillydude » Mon Sep 01, 2008 1:11 pm

I'd pay an extra $20 if we were getting a new woodie... :D
phillydude

Postby PepsiFan01 » Mon Sep 01, 2008 3:16 pm

$85 is definitely a steal with parking included! A one day ticket is $39.99 with parking at $10. Go twice and your pass is paid for assuming ticket prices stay the same, and if anything, they are only going to go up IMO.
PepsiFan01

Postby HauntfanDP » Mon Sep 01, 2008 6:55 pm

That is a steal having it at $85. I heard that Worlds of Fun lowered theirs too, so maybe all cedar fair parks are doing it. Either way thats a heck of a price, even for someone who would go two or three times a year. Going to dorney three times pretty much pays off your season pass. Do any of you think that they could be doing this because the passes will be good until september and the HAUNT will be a seperate ticket admission?
HauntfanDP

Postby dorneydude » Mon Sep 01, 2008 8:34 pm

well, maybe the number of sp dropped last year. Does anyone remember paying $98 in the fall to renew their pass last year...that seemed high especially since the website advertizes an 08 pass for $105...not much savings buying early...

It does seem like a deal....let hope the park is not closed for 10 buyouts!!!
---the ORIGINAL DorneyDude
dorneydude

Postby Tori_is_neat » Mon Sep 08, 2008 11:22 pm

So, if I buy the season pass now and want to upgrade to a platinum pass, will I only have to pay another $50, like they usually say?
Tori_is_neat

Postby MJHammer1 » Tue Sep 09, 2008 6:13 pm

^ I'd contact the park to get the specifics on that type of upgrade.

I know that this type of discounting is what helps keep the local crowd buying the passes. My company has our picnic at the park so DP is discussed often at work and I heard of several families that didn't get passes this year because of the lack of a decent discount on passes the fall before.

I know it's ten bucks or so each, but that's $40-$50 for most families.

Mike
MJHammer1

Postby Yoshi » Wed Sep 10, 2008 8:56 pm

I got the mailer today, what doesn't make sense is that it doesn't ask any information about who the passes are for except for the purchaser. If they send me 2 season pass certificates, wouldn't only 1 have my name on it since the other one I am ordering isn't for me?
Yoshi

Return to General Discussion