Lockers & Personal Belongings

Give us your feedback on Dorney Park Online. Ask any site related questions here as well, including affiliate requests. You do not need to be registered to post in this forum, though any off-topic messages will be immediately removed.

Moderator: dptalon135

Lockers & Personal Belongings

Postby sourstraws214 » Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:37 am

Hi - so glad I found this discussion page. 10 friends, including myself are going to DP in PA this Sunday. We plan to hit up the roller coasters first - then head over to the water park and finish the night riding more thrill rides. So my question is, I know many of my girlfriends will have purses or be carrying their phones and have sun glasses, etc. I know the parks offer lockers but are there temporary lockers before each roller coaster/thrill ride? I don't want anyone to lose their items but is there some place you can put your belongings before you ride and then retrieve when you get off? I know this main question is silly but I honestly don't know what I should suggest to everyone. I want to be prepared beforehand. Thanks in advance!
sourstraws214

Re: Lockers & Personal Belongings

Postby Dorneyman27 » Wed Aug 01, 2012 6:26 pm

This is not a silly question and I am happy to see you planning ahead. Each ride on the ride side has a secure spot to put your belongings while you ride. It is great because there is no cost and the only people that have access are the people who are riding at the same time you are. I've never had problems with that, so it is very safe.

I would recommend a locker for when you go to Wildwater Kingdom. I have heard of people getting their stuff stolen because they didn't get a locker. That is rare, but I would never take the chance. The lockers are located just beyond the main gate at Wildwater Kingdom. Try to do Wildwater Kingdom first so that all of you can get two large lockers to share. They have a limited number of large lockers and they sell out quickly. Also, the waterpark is least crowded in the morning. The large lockers are about $20 each, but if everyone in your group divides up the cost for two large lockers you each only have to pay $4. That is not bad, and all of your stuff will have no chance of getting lost or stolen.

Have fun!
Dorneyman27

Re: Lockers & Personal Belongings

Postby Jamaxiu » Sat Jun 14, 2014 7:50 pm

"It is great because there is no cost and the only people that have access are the people who are riding at the same time you are. I've never had problems with that, so it is very safe. "

I did agree with this until today. My son left his phone at Hydra ride and when we get back to the boxes the phone was gone. :shock: The DP personnel did not know what to do so they call security guy. After waiting about 30min the guy show up and he wrote the report that phone was "lost". No details how it happen. Then I was told to go to LOST and FOUND (for what?). I asked for security manager so maybe he is able to pull footage (there are at lest 4 security cameras around boxes). Sorry for my hope - they dont have time to check them out. He said that later he will check the recordings - but then I think: how he will recognize my son (who put the phone into box) since he doesnt have the photo of my son. They dont give a sh.t about ur property. The easy way is put the sign that they are not responsible for lost property. I call South Whithall police and reported stolen phone - the officer told me that it was his 4th time someone lost the phone on Hydra (since nobody gives a sh.t - maybe this is done by DP personnel - they only have an access when we ride). I wonder if this is the easiest way to get hands on someone phones? Since nobody cares why do not continue this procedure.

I'm looking for a way to go after DP authorities. They needs to do something to have our stuff better protected - it is not too difficult.
Jamaxiu

Return to Comments, Questions, Suggestions